Saturday, June 01, 2019

June 1 - Pectus Surgery Day 8

I am sorry I didn't update last night. We were beat. 

He did so well through the car ride. I did give him some extra as needed medicine like the pain management team told us to. He was able to sleep some in the car too.

I was so glad his vomiting did not set back our travel plans. I think he feels better just being home. His bed is more comfortable. He has better distractions-- including aggravating his sister. Oh... and we have cats.



Now the plan is to finish weaning off the heavy meds...He is consistently rating his pain between a 1 and 3 which is amazing. Honestly, He is amazing.

So is our God. Really, I have prayed and prayed about this. You all have prayed and prayed for this. I am so thankful....so very thankful. I am sure there will still be hard days. I am sure he will over do it and hurt. But he has done so well. I can't thank you all enough! I can't thank the Lord enough.

I keep thinking of Psalm 126 -

1 When the Lord restored the fortunes of Zion,
we were like those who dreamed.
2 Our mouths were filled with laughter,
our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
“The Lord has done great things for them.”
3 The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

4 Restore our fortunes, Lord,
like streams in the Negev.
5 Those who sow with tears
will reap with songs of joy.
6 Those who go out weeping,
carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
carrying sheaves with them.

Specifically verses 2-3. The Lord has done great things for us. I keep saying that over and over in my mind. Lord, you have done such great things for us. And then verse six, I have cried so many tears. He has cried. But seeds need water to grow...and those tears are starting to produce joy.

Praises - 
We are home without complications. 
He is starting to feel like he can breathe better - He says he can feel the bottom of his lungs. 
He is mostly comfortable.

Prayers - 
Continued recovery.
Weaning meds goes well.

No comments:

Pectus Surgery - 3 Week Post Op appointment

Today, we had a post op appointment with Dr. Garcia. He says Thomas is doing great!   I can't agree more.  He is still in pain, but...