The year of the surgeries!!

Yes that is surgeries....plural...more than one.

1. Sweet Pea had tubes put in for the second time at the end of January.

2. and 3. TA had a four year old tube removed at the beginning of February, and, on the same day, AJ had his tonsils and adenoids removed. Yes, you read correctly, on the same day. TA's surgery really was a breeze. After the gas wore off and he woke up, he was fine. No pain, not even crabby. AJ was a tad bit different story. Of course, AJ's surgery was much more involved. Bottom line was he hurt. It took him a good 10 days or so to even feel better. He seemed to live on pudding, Lipton cup of soup packets, and ice cream. There were two things that really stuck out from this surgery day: 1. The picture of my two boys laying together in a hospital bed. Really it was sweet. 2. AJ's words to me in the recovery room. "Mom, My throat hurts." I replied, "Yah hon, they took your tonsils out." He says back, "I don't remember that." And I prayed a silent prayer of thanks that he didn't. I did ask him the other day if he felt he could breathe better and he said he could.


To top it all off...there is at least one more surgery scheduled for our family. This time it is for me. I am having some sinus surgery done after Easter. Kinda scary for me since I have never had surgery before. But I think it is needed.

I am praying this will be the last for a while. Four surgeries in four months by the same doctors seems a tad excessive. Hopefully, Insurance doesn't begin to think that we are in cahoots with the doc or anything. Cause we are not...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be the Broken Cookie...

A picture of Unforgiveness....and Letting it go...

Grandma