Cookie Baking

Christmas cookies that is. I remember when I was little we had these neighbors across the street that would bake Christmas cookies. I guess Mom did that some with us too, but not like these neighbors. I remember they had this mud room (I guess that is what you would call it nowadays) and it had shelves. The shelves would be filled with ice cream tub after ice cream tub after ice cream tub full of cookies. They did this every Christmas. I can't even begin to tell how many cookie they would have baked each year. To a little kid of 8 years old or so, It was amazing. Well, this is one thing that I have not started at my house. I don't have the time each Christmas to make hundreds of dozens of cookies, and really I am not that sad about it. There are other traditions that we have that are just a special. But this year, we had a snow day, and what better thing is there to do on a snow day (that was really just a bunch of ice) than bake cookies.

We made Snickerdoodles. It was so much fun. They helped me mix the batter. Then they each had a bowl of sugar and cinnamon to roll the dough in before baking. It will be a definite do again. Maybe not every Christmas, but maybe. Who knows? It could be time for a new tradition.

Mixing the batter
DSCN1034

DSCN1036

Coating the Cookies with Cinnamon and Sugar
DSCN1040

DSCN1039

Just being cute
DSCN1042

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be the Broken Cookie...

A picture of Unforgiveness....and Letting it go...

Grandma