Halloween Week...

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Yes, I did say Halloween Week, not day, because that seems to be what it has become around here.
I guess really it is not that bad. You see the Saturday before Halloween our church has a trunk and treat. The kids from our church as well as the community are invited to come for hot dogs, a bonfire and candy. The adults in the church bring candy and give it to the kids from the trunks of their cars. It really works out well. The kids have a blast. The community is introduced to our church, and really everyone has a good time. So....we get all dressed up and participate in that.

DSCN0690

DSCN0685

This year a family that we are really good friends with came too. It was really a good time.

Then on Halloween day, I dress the kiddos up and we go and see my grandparents on my moms side in the morning. We come home for the afternooon, and then it is dress up and out for the evening to see their other grandparents. It is like I have to get them dressed up all the time. I guess I can't complain too much. They really do enjoy it.

This year the weather was almost spring- like. It was wonderful. We went over to some friends of ours for the evening and walked around their neighborhood. It was the first year that the kids got to trick or treat door to door. Usually it is cold or rainy or just too busy, but since it was friday night and beautiful, we took them. AJ later told me that he didn't know that you could get candy from peoples' houses too. I think he just thought people gave it out from their trunks.

DSCN0692

My princess and ninjas!

0 comments: