The New Plan

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

So last week I was explaining my issues with school this year. Well, this week we have a new plan, and it didn't involve a schedule...YIPPEE!!!

First, I moved all of the toys out of the play room in the basement. Second, my Mom, the two younger children and I combed the area for a good used table or school desks, and found a table that worked. Third, we put said table in the play room that now does not have toys, moved all of the school stuff to the closet in the playroom, moved in a book shelf, put up a curtian over the door way for privacy and distraction control, and put up a map, whiteboard, clock, and calendar,. Add all of this together and we now have an official school room.

Two years ago when I started homeschool, I started in the playroom in the basement and made that a makeshift school room. There were two problems with this: 1. The toys were still in there, so the little ones would distract AJ something awful. 2. I felt like I was tied to the basement everyday and I couldn't get any of my upstairs stuff done while AJ was working independently. So....I cleaned out the closet in the living room and put all of school stuff in there and we did school at the kitchen table successfully for 1.5 years. Well, this year, it just was not working. There are a few reasons for this too. 1. I am schooling two now, so it is taking longer. 2. I was getting very distracted by the "house work" that I had to do and was not focusing on the "school work". Now we get up in the morn, eat, clean up and head to the basement. Then we do not leave until we are finished and it is working beautifully. I am focused. School gets finished. Children think the school room is awesome. All is good.

So here are some pics of the room. Enjoy.

DSCN0616
view looking in from the door

DSCN0613
the school side of my closet

DSCN0610
whiteboard wall

DSCN0617
curtian

DSCN0607
happy children working in the school room
and hmm...I thought all children wore capes to school..hehe

0 comments: