My helper..

Saturday, September 13, 2008

My day started with TA saying he would make breakfast for everyone. He proceeded to fill three small cups with a mixture of bran flakes, cheerios, and oatmeal, the uncooked kind (he picked this up from his father).

DSCN0543

TA's cereal creation


Then he asks for sausage. I quickly informed him that he was cooking breakfast and he better be prepared to make it himself...well he was thrilled. His sister was not...she wanted to do it herself.

DSCN0540
Sweet Pea throwing a fit.

DSCN0541
TA and AJ waiting for the water to boil.


DSCN0545
Sweet Pea finally got over it. TA stirring his breakfast.

It is so easy for me to forget to let them help, and the sad thing is they enjoy it. At least for now. I need to take the time to show them how to do some things for themselves. It is quality time with me and independence making for them.

0 comments: