The Year of the Turtle


Friday after we were home from the zoo, my brother brought over a turtle he had found on the road. The kids were so excited. I think this is the first time that they had seen a turtle up close. They were able to touch it and everything. We kept it for a few hours and then let it go at the park. That did not go over well. AJ really wanted to keep it, but it was a red eared slider and those need water. Well, I don't know about you, but I don't really want to clean out a turtle pool. Besides that I feel sorry for it.

IMG_1172
Anna was a tad bit frightened. The boys loved it.

Here she is up close and personal.IMG_1174
SO......

Wednesday, I was driving down the road and low and behold there in the middle was a box turtle. I had no choice but to go and get it. So meet the newest member of our family. This is Mildred. She is just staying with us for a while . We will not be keeping her, but she is very cute, very outgoing (for a turtle).
The big question is: What is it with all the turtles? This doesn't include the snapping turtle that I saw on the road, and a couple spotted by a friend of mine. Maybe it is all the rain we have had? Who knows?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be the Broken Cookie...

A picture of Unforgiveness....and Letting it go...

Grandma