Pumpkin French Toast for the freezer

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I made Pumpkin French Toast for breakfast this morning. I thought I would share it here. Now this recipe makes a ton. Year ago when AJ was little I would buy French Toast Sticks from the grocery store and he loved them for breakfast. As we added more children to the mix and as the price of groceries has continued to rise, french toast sticks were just too expensive. So I have started make up french toast for the freezer. This is the perfect way to have quick and easy breakfasts that are homemade and healthy.

DSCN0050

8 eggs
1/2 can Pumpkin Puree
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
dash salt
3 cups milk
4 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
cooking spray for the griddle
Lots of bread sliced, homemade works too

Heat griddle, electric skillet, or pan to about medium high heat. While your pan is warming up, beat first 7 ingredients together with a wire whisk until well blended. Spray pan with cooking spray. Dip bread into egg mixture one slice at a time, and place it on the hot griddle. Cook for a few minutes, then flip and cook on the other side. I like to cook french toast slow so that I have time to do other things in between the flipping. Serve with syrup or powdered sugar.

Freeze the other half can of pumpkin, and pull it out to be used the next time you need to make french toast. This recipe will typically feed my 3 blessing for about three to four mornings. They love it.

0 comments: