Lasagna Skillet

I made this for dinner Wednesday night. It was quick. It was easy, and it was good. Sometimes it amazes me how easy certain dinners are, and I can't help but wonder why I even eat out. So I am starting a "I don't know what to cook, try this" category. I figured if I put them here I would be able to find them easily.

Lasagna Skillet

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb bulk mild Italian sausage
1 jar (26 oz.) tomato pasta sauce
1 cup water
5 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into 2 in. pieces
1 (12 oz.) container cottage cheese
1 T. dried parsley leaves
1 egg
2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

In a 12 in. skillet, cook ground beef and sausage over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in pasta sauce, water, and uncooked noodles. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover; cook 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is ALMOST tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and egg. Spread over partially cooked pasta mixture. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cover; cook 10-15 minutes longer over until cottage cheese mixture is set and pasta is tender.

The Man loved it. I must say that next time I think I will use bow tie pasta or rotini instead of the lasagna noodles, or maybe just add extra noodles. I thought it was a tad soupy, but the flavor was great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be the Broken Cookie...

A picture of Unforgiveness....and Letting it go...

Grandma